[FieldTrip] No 'pow' is generated when using ft_sourcedescriptives

Noa Hertz noahertz6 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 15:43:32 CET 2015

Hi all,

I am performing PCC beamforming on resting-state data.

Up till now I was using the function ft_sourcedescriptives, and
received a structure containing the field avg.pow.

Recently I updated my fieldtrip version to the latest release (2015),
and now no 'avg.pow is generated. I get mom, but this is a complex
number.
Am I doing something wrong? Is there a simple way to compute pow, like
abs(mom)? If so, should I do it before or after source descriptives?

Thanks in advance,

Noa

This is the script Iā€™m using:

    %%% performs source analysis
    cfg            = [];
    cfg.method='pcc';
    cfg.frequency  = 10;
    cfg.lambda     = 0;
    cfg.vol        = vol;
    cfg.grid       = grid;
    cfg.feedback   = 'textbar';
    cfg.keepfilter='yes';
    source1         = ft_sourceanalysis(cfg, freqClosed);

    %%% creates power value in each virtual sensor
    cfg             = [];
    cfg.projectmom  = 'yes';
    sd_close              = ft_sourcedescriptives(cfg, source1);%
gives power to each VS