[FieldTrip] source analysis on component data

Doriana De Marco doriana.demarco at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 19:31:20 CET 2015

Dear community,
I am new user of Fieldtrip and I'm dealing with source analysis.

I have no problem with timelocked or frequency data but I want to try to do
source analysis of component data after ICA computing with the component
topographies (comp.topo in a comp structure).
I don't have MRI for every subject and I'm using the Standard_BEM model
with the coordinates of EGI template realigning the electrodes in the
interactive mode.
After computing the source analysis, I have trouble with interpolation.

I report the partial code:
%% SOURCE MODELING
% create source model
cfg              = [];
cfg.method       = 'eloreta';
cfg.grid         = grid;
cfg.elec         = ft_read_sens('GSN-HydroCel-128.sfp');
cfg.vol          = template_vol;

source = ft_sourceanalysis(cfg, comp);

disp (source)
        dim: [15 18 15]
        pos: [4050x3 double]
     inside: [1x2020 double]
    outside: [1x2030 double]
        cfg: [1x1 struct]

comp is the structure with components.
I don't know what I have to set in cfg.parameter in  ft_sourceinterpolate
and  successive plotting.

What can be the problem?
Many thanks for your help.

Doriana