[FieldTrip] importing and segmenting CNT and TRG files

Nikola Valchev nikola.valchev.umcg at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 16:48:06 CEST 2015

Dear all,

I am struggling to find a way to import my data into fieldtrip. It is in CNT
format and it comes with the CNT, EVT, SEG, SEN, and TRG files. I have two
problems for which I would like to ask you for some hints:

1)      I use ft_read_data to read my CNT data files and it all works fine,
I have my data in 67(channels)*N(data points). How can I read and use the
SEG file to segment it?

2)      I can't seem to find a way to read my TRG files and thus use the
triggers. I found the way to read the file (read_eep_trg function), but I
have more triggers than the ones I know there should be and I have no way of
knowing how to select the good ones.

Any help is appreciated and I'm sorry if I'm not too clear, I'm new to EEG.

Nikola