[FieldTrip] Help Manually Defining Trials

Peter Lyons plyons at udel.edu
Mon Jun 29 05:51:19 CEST 2015

Dear All,

My name is Peter Lyons, and I am a researcher at the University of
Delaware.  Currently, I am conducting resting state EEG research with the
intention of using Fieldtrip to calculate the power of different frequency
bands as well as phase lag index between various sensors.  My dataset is a
continuous recording sampled at 1000 hz for 30 minutes.  I do not have any
events or triggers in my data.

I would like to manually select the cleanest segments of my data following
artifact rejection, and define them as trials.

Theoretically, I see three ways to segment my data manually:

1.  Insert individual triggers throughout my data (at locations determined
via ft_databrowser), and then define trials based on these triggers.

2.  Define trials based on a beginning and ending sample number.

3.  Use ft_databrowser to select segments of data as if they were
artifacts, and then define these "artifacts" as trials instead of rejecting
them from the dataset.

Could anyone advise on how to code one of the above methods?

Any help is welcome and appreciated!

Thanks,
Peter