[FieldTrip] No backprojection following ICA (Peter Lyons)

Peter Lyons plyons at udel.edu
Thu Jun 11 15:59:59 CEST 2015

Hi Wanja,

Thanks for your quick response.  Just to clarify a few points:

We received the message "not applying the backprojection matrix to the
sensor description" because we do not have a 'tra' matrix defined.

Because we are using EEG data with a one to one relationship between the
number of channels and the number of electrodes, and therefore do not have
a need to define a 'tra' matrix (?), is it safe to assume that our call to
ft_rejectcomponent successfully recomposed our data?

If we do need to define a 'tra' matrix, when is the best time to do so?

I really appreciate your input.

Thanks,
Peter