[FieldTrip] Several trigger names at same position

Stephen Politzer-Ahles spa268 at nyu.edu
Fri Jul 3 12:30:08 CEST 2015

Hello Mick,

You can go in and modify the 'trl' matrix created by ft_definetrial, so
that it only includes the events you want. For example, imagine the first
trial in your experiment has two simultaneous events, a '10' and a '2'; in
the trl matrix, the first row will have the event value 10 and the second
row will have the event value 2, but both rows will have the same latency.
So you can write a loop that goes through your trl matrix and makes the
appropriate adjustements to combine those rows---e.g., you could add the
two values together to create a new event value of '12', or concatenate
them to create '102', or whatever. After that, you can use the new trial
matrix as input to cfg.trl when you call ft_preprocessing().   See
http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/reference/ft_definetrial for an explanation
of the format of the trl matrix.

Best,
Steve