[FieldTrip] help - tiny axis labels is making analysis impossible

Carolyn McNabb (FMHS Pharmacy) c.mcnabb at auckland.ac.nz
Fri Jul 17 00:49:52 CEST 2015

Dear Fieldtrip,

My colleagues and I have recently started learning how to use fieldtrip and are finding it very helpful; however, we are all experiencing the same issue.

When we use ft_databrowser to open our channel data for artefact rejection, the channel labels are so tiny, that we cannot work with them. This has happened on 5 computers, including windows and debian (linux). Do you know if this can be fixed?

The error messages are printed below - along with a screen shot of the figure. I have attached the script we used to get this figure as well.

Any help would be incredibly appreciated, as without it, we are unable to run our analysis.

Many thanks!

Carolyn McNabb

[cid:737e39a8-e018-40c8-9384-a55397b3b273]

>> LTP_analysis1
Warning: assuming a head radius of 85 mm
> In ft_read_sens (line 356)
  In LTP_analysis1 (line 20)

elec =

    chanpos: [67x3 double]
    elecpos: [67x3 double]
      label: {67x1 cell}
       type: 'eeg1010'
       unit: 'cm'

Warning: Multiple versions of spm on your path will confuse FieldTrip
> In ft_warning (line 181)
  In ft_defaults>checkMultipleToolbox (line 263)
  In ft_defaults (line 96)
  In ft_prepare_layout (line 92)
  In LTP_analysis1 (line 23)
Warning: one version of spm is found here:
/home/cmcn018/EEG/fieldtrip-20150714/external/spm2/spm.m
> In ft_defaults>checkMultipleToolbox (line 266)
  In ft_defaults (line 96)
  In ft_prepare_layout (line 92)
  In LTP_analysis1 (line 23)
Warning: one version of spm is found here:
/home/cmcn018/EEG/fieldtrip-20150714/external/spm8/spm.m
> In ft_defaults>checkMultipleToolbox (line 266)
  In ft_defaults (line 96)
  In ft_prepare_layout (line 92)
  In LTP_analysis1 (line 23)
Warning: You probably used addpath(genpath('path_to_fieldtrip')), this can lead to
unexpected behaviour. See
http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/faq/should_i_add_fieldtrip_with_all_subdirectories_to_my_matlab_path
> In ft_warning (line 181)
  In ft_defaults>checkMultipleToolbox (line 269)
  In ft_defaults (line 96)
  In ft_prepare_layout (line 92)
  In LTP_analysis1 (line 23)
Warning: Function iscolumn has the same name as a MATLAB builtin. We suggest you rename
the function to avoid a potential name conflict.
> In path (line 109)
  In addpath (line 86)
  In ft_defaults (line 132)
  In ft_prepare_layout (line 92)
  In LTP_analysis1 (line 23)
Warning: Function isrow has the same name as a MATLAB builtin. We suggest you rename the
function to avoid a potential name conflict.
> In path (line 109)
  In addpath (line 86)
  In ft_defaults (line 132)
  In ft_prepare_layout (line 92)
  In LTP_analysis1 (line 23)
Warning: Function isequaln has the same name as a MATLAB builtin. We suggest you rename
the function to avoid a potential name conflict.
> In path (line 109)
  In addpath (line 86)
  In ft_defaults (line 132)
  In ft_prepare_layout (line 92)
  In LTP_analysis1 (line 23)
Warning: Function iscolumn has the same name as a MATLAB builtin. We suggest you rename
the function to avoid a potential name conflict.
> In path (line 109)
  In addpath (line 86)
  In ft_defaults (line 137)
  In ft_prepare_layout (line 92)
  In LTP_analysis1 (line 23)
Warning: Function isrow has the same name as a MATLAB builtin. We suggest you rename the
function to avoid a potential name conflict.
> In path (line 109)
  In addpath (line 86)
  In ft_defaults (line 137)
  In ft_prepare_layout (line 92)
  In LTP_analysis1 (line 23)
Warning: Function isequaln has the same name as a MATLAB builtin. We suggest you rename
the function to avoid a potential name conflict.
> In path (line 109)
  In addpath (line 86)
  In ft_defaults (line 137)
  In ft_prepare_layout (line 92)
  In LTP_analysis1 (line 23)
Warning: Function iscolumn has the same name as a MATLAB builtin. We suggest you rename
the function to avoid a potential name conflict.
> In path (line 109)
  In addpath (line 86)
  In ft_hastoolbox>myaddpath (line 494)
  In ft_hastoolbox (line 408)
  In ft_defaults (line 227)
  In ft_prepare_layout (line 92)
  In LTP_analysis1 (line 23)
Warning: Function isrow has the same name as a MATLAB builtin. We suggest you rename the
function to avoid a potential name conflict.
> In path (line 109)
  In addpath (line 86)
  In ft_hastoolbox>myaddpath (line 494)
  In ft_hastoolbox (line 408)
  In ft_defaults (line 227)
  In ft_prepare_layout (line 92)
  In LTP_analysis1 (line 23)
Warning: Function isequaln has the same name as a MATLAB builtin. We suggest you rename
the function to avoid a potential name conflict.
> In path (line 109)
  In addpath (line 86)
  In ft_hastoolbox>myaddpath (line 494)
  In ft_hastoolbox (line 408)
  In ft_defaults (line 227)
  In ft_prepare_layout (line 92)
  In LTP_analysis1 (line 23)
Warning: Function iscolumn has the same name as a MATLAB builtin. We suggest you rename
the function to avoid a potential name conflict.
> In path (line 109)
  In addpath (line 86)
  In ft_hastoolbox>myaddpath (line 494)
  In ft_hastoolbox (line 408)
  In ft_defaults (line 232)
  In ft_prepare_layout (line 92)
  In LTP_analysis1 (line 23)
Warning: Function isrow has the same name as a MATLAB builtin. We suggest you rename the
function to avoid a potential name conflict.
> In path (line 109)
  In addpath (line 86)
  In ft_hastoolbox>myaddpath (line 494)
  In ft_hastoolbox (line 408)
  In ft_defaults (line 232)
  In ft_prepare_layout (line 92)
  In LTP_analysis1 (line 23)
Warning: Function isequaln has the same name as a MATLAB builtin. We suggest you rename
the function to avoid a potential name conflict.
> In path (line 109)
  In addpath (line 86)
  In ft_hastoolbox>myaddpath (line 494)
  In ft_hastoolbox (line 408)
  In ft_defaults (line 232)
  In ft_prepare_layout (line 92)
  In LTP_analysis1 (line 23)
Warning: Function iscolumn has the same name as a MATLAB builtin. We suggest you rename
the function to avoid a potential name conflict.
> In path (line 109)
  In addpath (line 86)
  In ft_hastoolbox>myaddpath (line 494)
  In ft_hastoolbox (line 408)
  In ft_defaults (line 233)
  In ft_prepare_layout (line 92)
  In LTP_analysis1 (line 23)
Warning: Function isrow has the same name as a MATLAB builtin. We suggest you rename the
function to avoid a potential name conflict.
> In path (line 109)
  In addpath (line 86)
  In ft_hastoolbox>myaddpath (line 494)
  In ft_hastoolbox (line 408)
  In ft_defaults (line 233)
  In ft_prepare_layout (line 92)
  In LTP_analysis1 (line 23)
Warning: Function isequaln has the same name as a MATLAB builtin. We suggest you rename
the function to avoid a potential name conflict.
> In path (line 109)
  In addpath (line 86)
  In ft_hastoolbox>myaddpath (line 494)
  In ft_hastoolbox (line 408)
  In ft_defaults (line 233)
  In ft_prepare_layout (line 92)
  In LTP_analysis1 (line 23)
Warning: Function iscolumn has the same name as a MATLAB builtin. We suggest you rename
the function to avoid a potential name conflict.
> In path (line 109)
  In addpath (line 86)
  In ft_hastoolbox>myaddpath (line 494)
  In ft_hastoolbox (line 408)
  In ft_defaults (line 234)
  In ft_prepare_layout (line 92)
  In LTP_analysis1 (line 23)
Warning: Function isrow has the same name as a MATLAB builtin. We suggest you rename the
function to avoid a potential name conflict.
> In path (line 109)
  In addpath (line 86)
  In ft_hastoolbox>myaddpath (line 494)
  In ft_hastoolbox (line 408)
  In ft_defaults (line 234)
  In ft_prepare_layout (line 92)
  In LTP_analysis1 (line 23)
Warning: Function isequaln has the same name as a MATLAB builtin. We suggest you rename
the function to avoid a potential name conflict.
> In path (line 109)
  In addpath (line 86)
  In ft_hastoolbox>myaddpath (line 494)
  In ft_hastoolbox (line 408)
  In ft_defaults (line 234)
  In ft_prepare_layout (line 92)
  In LTP_analysis1 (line 23)
Warning: Function iscolumn has the same name as a MATLAB builtin. We suggest you rename
the function to avoid a potential name conflict.
> In path (line 109)
  In addpath (line 86)
  In ft_hastoolbox>myaddpath (line 494)
  In ft_hastoolbox (line 408)
  In ft_defaults (line 235)
  In ft_prepare_layout (line 92)
  In LTP_analysis1 (line 23)
Warning: Function isrow has the same name as a MATLAB builtin. We suggest you rename the
function to avoid a potential name conflict.
> In path (line 109)
  In addpath (line 86)
  In ft_hastoolbox>myaddpath (line 494)
  In ft_hastoolbox (line 408)
  In ft_defaults (line 235)
  In ft_prepare_layout (line 92)
  In LTP_analysis1 (line 23)
Warning: Function isequaln has the same name as a MATLAB builtin. We suggest you rename
the function to avoid a potential name conflict.
> In path (line 109)
  In addpath (line 86)
  In ft_hastoolbox>myaddpath (line 494)
  In ft_hastoolbox (line 408)
  In ft_defaults (line 235)
  In ft_prepare_layout (line 92)
  In LTP_analysis1 (line 23)
creating layout from cfg.elec
creating layout for eeg1010 system
the call to "ft_prepare_layout" took 1 seconds and required the additional allocation of an estimated 0 MB
evaluating trialfunction 'ft_trialfun_general'
reading the events from '/home/cmcn018/EEG/EEG/LTP_Test.vhdr'
found 242 events
created 240 trials
the call to "ft_definetrial" took 1 seconds and required the additional allocation of an estimated 0 MB
processing channel { 'Fp1' 'Fp2' 'F7' 'F3' 'Fz' 'F4' 'F8' 'FC5' 'FC1' 'FC2' 'FC6' 'T7' 'C3' 'Cz' 'C4' 'T8' 'TP9' 'CP5' 'CP1' 'CP2' 'CP6' 'TP10' 'P7' 'P3' 'Pz' 'P4' 'P8' 'PO9' 'O1' 'Oz' 'O2' 'PO10' 'AF7' 'AF3' 'AF4' 'AF8' 'F5' 'F1' 'F2' 'F6' 'FT9' 'FT7' 'FC3' 'FC4' 'FT8' 'FT10' 'C5' 'C1' 'C2' 'C6' 'TP7' 'CP3' 'CPz' 'CP4' 'TP8' 'P5' 'P1' 'P2' 'P6' 'PO7' 'PO3' 'POz' 'PO4' 'PO8' 'VEOG' 'HEOG' }
reading and preprocessing
reading and preprocessing trial 240 from 240

the call to "ft_preprocessing" took 2 seconds and required the additional allocation of an estimated 79 MB
the input is raw data with 66 channels and 240 trials
detected   0 visual artifacts
the input is raw data with 66 channels and 240 trials
showing a summary of the data for all channels and trials
Error using matlab.graphics.Graphics/set
The UIContextMenu's parent figure is not the same as the parent figure of this object

Error in ft_select_range (line 145)
  set(findobj(handle,'hittest','on'), 'uicontextmenu',hcmenu);

Error using waitfor
Error while evaluating Figure WindowButtonMotionFcn