[FieldTrip] Two versions of matlab yield different output from runica

Carmen Kung carmen.kung at mq.edu.au
Thu Jul 16 10:05:48 CEST 2015

Dear fellow fieldtrippers,

A colleauge and I are analysing the same set of EEG data using the same
fieldtrip toolbox (the version of 20150522) but we have different
versions of matlab installed on each of our computer (mine is 2013b and
hers is 2014b).  After running  ft_componentanalysis (using runica), we
compared the output between us and we found that ft_componentanalysis
yielded mostly the same components but still there are differences in
ranking and the output.

Does anyone know why this is the case and suggest which Matlab version
we should use

Many thanks in advance,
Carmen