[FieldTrip] ICA before beamformer

Herring, J.D. (Jim) j.herring at donders.ru.nl
Thu Apr 23 22:33:53 CEST 2015

Dear Anne,

If I am not mistaken SPM actually uses Fieldtrip’s DICS beamformer implementation.

In any case, after doing ICA the grad field in your data structure should be corrected so you should be safe in using SPM's beamformer given that you use the grad contained in the data structure produced after cleaning with ICA in Fieldtrip.

Best,

Jim