[FieldTrip] extracting individual trial phase connectivity

Julian Keil julian.keil at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 16:23:15 CEST 2014

Dear Hweeling,

if you're looking for a single trial measure of phase relationship, you might want to have a look at the attached papers.
In both papers, single trial phase relationship between cortical sources is described as the phase difference subtracted from the mean phase difference (i.e. Take the phase difference between two channels, average over trials and take the difference between the single trial phase difference and the mean phase difference).

I hope thais goes into the right direction of what you're asking for.

Good luck.

Julian

Keil, J., Müller, N., Hartmann, T., & Weisz, N. (2014). Prestimulus beta power and phase synchrony influence the sound-induced flash illusion. Cerebral Cortex, 24(5), 1278–1288. doi:10.1093/cercor/bhs409

Hanslmayr, S., Aslan, A., Staudigl, T., Klimesch, W., Herrmann, C. S., & Bäuml, K.-H. (2007). Prestimulus oscillations predict visual perception performance between and within subjects. NeuroImage, 37(4), 1465–1473. doi:10.1016/j.neuroimage.2007.07.011

Dr. Julian Keil

AG Multisensorische Integration
Psychiatrische Universitätsklinik
der Charité im St. Hedwig-Krankenhaus