[FieldTrip] Sourceplots suddenly have huge file size
"Jens Klinzing, Universität Tübingen"
jens.klinzing at uni-tuebingen.de
Thu Oct 9 11:51:45 CEST 2014
Dear fieldtrip community,
I encountered a weird problem. Lately, my source plots started to have
huge file sizes when I save them as figures (.fig). This applies to both
slice and surface plots. Surface plots used to have around 3-7 MB, now
they have around 220 MB or even > 4 GB (ie. almost the size of the
plotted data set). They also look slightly different now, with the
surface being way darker than before. Slice plots look the same but are
also larger than before.
The problem seems to be in the plotting process itself (not the
beamforming). When I plot older source localizations (which by the way
have the same file size, fields, and basic properties as newer ones) the
problem is still there.
The code I am using for plotting did (to the best of my knowledge) not
change at all:
cfg = ;
cfg.method = 'surface';
cfg.funparameter = 'avg.pow';
cfg.maskparameter = cfg.funparameter;
cfg.funcolormap = 'jet';
cfg.projmethod = 'nearest';
cfg.surfdownsample = 5;
I thought it may be a change in fieldtrip so I reverted my ft_sourceplot
to an older version but that did not help. I also used an older Matlab
version (currently I use 2013b but I also tried 2013a) and another
computer (Windows and Unix). In all cases I used opengl as the renderer.
I am sure it is something very simple and I'm just too blind to see it.
Thanks a lot for your help,
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: surfaceplot before 7mb after 220mb.jpg
Size: 156292 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the fieldtrip