[FieldTrip] layout file from beamformer

Julian Keil julian.keil at gmail.com
Fri May 23 10:45:20 CEST 2014

Hi Tyler,

I attached 2 plots for you, one with evoked ERF activity, and one of the
same activity but masked for the maximum.
As you can see, you get information about the activity for each dipole as
well as the location within the volume.

As for the layout, here's how it works for me:

% Sourcedummy in this case is a source structure containing the grid .pos
% and .inside field
elec = [];
elec.elecpos = sourcedummy.pos(sourcedummy.inside,:);
elec.chanpos = sourcedummy.pos(sourcedummy.inside,:);
tmp = num2cell(sourcedummy.inside);
elec.label = cellfun(@num2str,tmp,'UniformOutput',0);

cfg = [];
cfg.elec = elec;
cfg.projection = 'polar';

example_lay = ft_prepare_layout(cfg);

cfg=[];
cfg.layout = example_lay;

ft_layoutplot(cfg);

Please be careful with the 2D-projection of 3D-data. I'm not sure how
accurate the projection is and some grid points might overlap.

Good Luck,

Julian