[FieldTrip] which baseline correction to choose for frequency analysis

Nick Wan nickwan at aggiemail.usu.edu
Thu May 29 12:12:20 CEST 2014

The most common event-related ​preprocessing is baseline correction for
each event (in your case, 100ms baseline correction unique to each 1000ms
epoch) -- at least, in my review of event-related imaging.

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 3:55 AM, KatrinH Heimann <katrinheimann at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hey together,
> another rather conceptual question:
> I am wondering about the baselinecorrection for the frequencyanalysis.
> I want to compare two timeperiods of one second each, lying right after
> each other.
> In the preprocessing I have baseline corrected them using 100 ms before
> the first piece (last part of a fixationcross period).
> Do I use the same part for the frequencyanalysis? Will say, do I run the
> analysis let's say from -0.5 (0 point is end of fixation cross) to 2.5 s,
> correcting with [-0.1 0] and then extract the two different conditions by
> statistical extraction (each 1 second long) ? Or do I run two analysis on
> (a bit more than) one second each, using the whole trial as baseline?
>
> thanks a lot for your advice again! Best
> Katrin

Nick Wan
Graduate Student

Utah State University Psychology Department
2810 Old Main Hill
Logan, UT 84322

Office: HSRC 004
Phone: 435-554-8788