[FieldTrip] ft_sourceplot with surface method in most recent FT version

Vitoria Piai v.piai.research at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 22:56:33 CET 2014

(Apologies for double posting)
Hi everyone,

I hope someone can help me out with a seemingly very easy question.
When using ft_sourceplot, I was used to defining the surffile for the
surface method. I'd then plot my interpolated source-reconstructed activity.

In a more recent version of FT, apparently this is no longer needed (and
the surffile I was used to use ''surface_l4_both.mat' doesn't even exist
anymore).
The page http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/template/anatomy suggests that
other files should be used instead, but it's still unclear to me from
the page how the new function works. The tutorials I could find also
still make use of a surffile.
The help of ft_sourceplot (version 2014-02-26) still mentions the use of
a surffile:

"The following parameters apply to surface-plotting when an
interpolation is required
     cfg.surffile       = string, file that contains the surface
(default = 'single_subj_T1.mat') 'single_subj_T1.mat' contains a triangulation
that corresponds with the SPM anatomical template in MNI coordinates"

but if I use the default surffile with method 'surface', I get an error
that the fileformat is unknown:
??? Error using ==> ft_read_headshape at 888
unknown fileformat "unknown" for head shape information

So what is the right way of plotting source-reconstructed activity using
the surface method after interpolation with a more recent FT version?
I'm sorry if I'm missing something obvious but all the info I could
gather didn't help me to get an answer...
(I can update the info on the Wiki if it's not there yet).

Cheers, Vitória