[FieldTrip] MEG grad data after ICA cleaning

Frédéric Roux f.roux at bcbl.eu
Thu Mar 6 11:01:02 CET 2014

Dear Haiteng,

thx for your response.

The reason why the grad field did not appear in my data-structure was that
there was no grad field prior to the call to ft_rejectomponent.

After modifying my code to:

data.grad = data.hdr.grad;

cfg = [];
cfg.component = comp_idx;
new_data = ft_rejectcomponent(cfg,comp,data);

I found that new_data has a grad field which has been adjusted for the rejected
components.

A question related to this issue is whether it matters if I used two different
fieldtrip versions for doing the ICA decomposition (fieldtrip-20131120) vs.
component rejection (fieldtrip-20140304)?
Does anyone know if there are any changes between these versions that could
have an effect on my data?

Best regards,

Fred

Frédéric Roux