[FieldTrip] using eeglab's ICA data with beamformer

Tyler Grummett tyler.grummett at flinders.edu.au
Mon Mar 17 01:21:23 CET 2014

Hello fieldtrip,

I am new to the fieltrip toolbox and Ive come from eeglab to do some beamformer and connectivity processing.

Ive used the function eeglab2fieldtrip, with one of the arguments being 'componentanalysis'. I tried using the data in the beamformer tutorial and everything worked fine

until I got to the ft_sourceanalysis script where it used the channel labels and positions from the original non-ICAed data. So the code crashed because the ICA labels

and channels labels didnt match.

I was wondering whether beamformer can be used with ICs from eeglab, and if so, where I am going wrong.

We also want to do functional connectivity as I mentioned, which requires a beamformer that operates in the time domain as opposed to the frequency domain.

However, there arent any tutorials on the Constrained Minimum Variance (LCMV) beamformer (which I think works in the time domain), so I am trying to make do with the one used in the tutorial.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Tyler.

Tyler Grummett ( BBSc, BSc(Hons I))
PhD Candidate