[FieldTrip] Real-time Analysis using Matlab with Emotiv EEG Headset

"Jörn M. Horschig" jm.horschig at donders.ru.nl
Mon Mar 17 13:57:33 CET 2014

Hi Walker,

where to start depends a lot on your already existing knowledge on
electrophsyiological data analysis and your programming experience. If
you have not very much experience in the former, I would suggest to read
http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/walkthrough
This also gives a very nice overview on some rationales in the FieldTrip
toolbox in general.
I assume your programming to be somewhat good due to your background, so
you can go on by checking existing tutorials and adapting their example
code to your need:
http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/tutorial

You could start with the preprocessing tutorials and see how you can
adapt them to what you want.
And, be sure to use the search function of the wikipage, e.g. search for
'import data' if you get stuck on importing your data ;)
As another example, you can search for 'emotiv':
http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/?do=search&id=emotiv

But better start in the beginning instead of skipping important steps ;)

Best,
Jörn

On 3/17/2014 1:28 PM, Yturbides, Walker wrote:

> Hello FieldTrip Users,
>
> I am new to the FieldTrip toolbox and I have a background in
> Electronics Engineering. I recently bought an EEG Neuroheadset and
> want to control a wheelchair with it for my senior design project.
> There is so much that is possible using FieldTrip that I do not know
> where to start. Can someone help me get started, or perhaps have any
> suggestions? Also, I am trying to read the raw EEG signals from the
> Emotiv headset into MATLAB. Does anyone have any information that
> would help me?
>
> Any suggestions are very much appreciated.
>
> Thank You,
>
> Walker

Jörn M. Horschig
PhD Student