[FieldTrip] Outputting peak z-values from artifact detection

Emilio Valadez evaladez at psych.udel.edu
Thu Jun 26 19:41:15 CEST 2014

Hello fieldtrippers!

I'm trying to create a simple plot showing the number of trials that will be retained in my data set at various artifact z-value thresholds. To do this, I'll need an output with the peak z-value of every trial.

I've tried using ft_artifact_zvalue with the cfg setting "cfg.artfctdef.zvalue.artfctpeak='yes'" but this seems to fill cfg.artfctdef.zvalue.peaks with values that are much, much larger than the peak z-values I see in the interactive window. In fact, the values in cfg.artfctdef.zvalue.peaks look more like time or sample points than z-values, as they are in ascending order and range all the way up to the hundred thousands. I feel I must be missing something obvious. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Best,
Emilio