[FieldTrip] problem with coordsys - neuromag data

Raghavan Gopalakrishnan gopalar.ccf at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 19:17:28 CEST 2014

Dear all,

My aim is to use MEG data collected on a neuromag system, perform MNE
source analysis and use AAL atlas to extract time series of the anatomical
areas. However there seems to be conflicting problems with the coordsys. I
tried the following:

1. Kept everything (mri, headmodel, volume) in MNI/SPM coordinate. However,
when computing leadfield the gradstruct seems to be in neuromag coordinate.
There is no way to change the grad structure from neuromag to spm/mni

2. I tried keeping everything (mri, headmodel, volume) in Neuromag
coordinate, and performed source resonstruction. However, to use AAL atlas
and source interpolate I need the sources in MNI/SPM coordinates. However,
ft_convert_coordsys only supports atlas and mri.

I am not sure how to proceed. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Raghavan