[FieldTrip] Defining a custom statfun for cluster statistics

Stephen Politzer-Ahles spa268 at nyu.edu
Mon Jun 2 09:39:57 CEST 2014

Hello all,

Are there any examples for defining a new statfun to use in
ft_timelockstatistics? I thought there were, but can't currently find them
on the wiki.

I am testing a 2x2 interaction (let's call the conditions Ia, Ib, IIa, and
IIb), and I an only interested in a certain kind of interaction, one where
abs(Ia-Ib) is large and abs(IIa-IIb) is small (i.e., an effect of the
second factor at just one level of the first factor, and not the other
level). So rather than using F as my test statistic for defining clusters,
I would like to use something like abs(ttest(Ia,Ib))-abs(ttest(IIa,IIb)). I
just don't know how to define the function to do this; if anyone could
point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
Steve

Stephen Politzer-Ahles
New York University, Abu Dhabi