[FieldTrip] surrogates for Phase lag index

HINDRIKS, RIKKERT rikkert.hindriks at upf.edu
Wed Jul 9 20:39:41 CEST 2014

Hi Lidia,

I have the same question and I don't think the answer is trivial: one would
have to construct pairs of surrogate time-series under the
nullhypothesis of zero phase-lag-index. With other words: construct pairs
of time-series who's instantaneous phases are coupled
to the same extent as the recorded time-series but with zero lag. In my
case, the question is how to test for a significant lag via the
cross-correlation function.

Kind regards,
Rikkert