[FieldTrip] parallelizing ft_statistics_montecarlo to enhance computation speed for time-frequency data

Frédéric Roux f.roux at bcbl.eu
Tue Jul 15 17:40:50 CEST 2014

Dear all,

I would like to ask if anyone has ever tried to speed up the ft_statistics_montecarlo function
by using Matlab's parallel computing toolbox ?

I would like to run clusterstatistics on time-frequency data, but as a result of the large number
of time and frequency bins, the function runs very slowly. So I was thinking to try and modify
the code by running the loops over the frequency bins in parallel and see if that could save
some time.

Before starting to adapt the code on my own, however, I wanted to ask if anyone had ever tried that
and also if there could be any possible reasons which would make that this is not a feasible project.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Best,
Fred