[FieldTrip] problem with ft_volumerealign and ft_convert_coordsys

s.rombetto at cib.na.cnr.it s.rombetto at cib.na.cnr.it
Wed Jan 22 16:53:55 CET 2014

Hi Jan-Mathijs
thanks for the fast answer

> I don't understand what you mean by 'no results appear on my
> screen'. Does this mean that mri_realigned is not created?

yes, I mean that I have no output at all.

> You have to have spm on your path in order to get this. try
> ft_hastoolbox('spm',1) and try again.

you were right, this was a stupid mistake. I didn't install the spm toolbox.
Now I have installed it and tried again. So I get a different erro message:

??? Error using ==> spm_platform>init_platform at 173
PCWIN64 not supported architecture for SPM

Error in ==> spm_platform at 65
if isempty(PLATFORM), PLATFORM = init_platform; end

Error in ==> spm_vol_minc at 80
if ~spm_platform('bigend') & datatype~=2 & datatype~=2+128, datatype =
datatype*256; end;

Error in ==> ft_read_mri at 132
   hdr = spm_vol_minc(filename);

Error in ==> align_ctf2spm at 137
   mri2 = ft_read_mri(template);

Error in ==> ft_convert_coordsys at 90
             obj = align_ctf2spm(obj, opt);

as far as I understand one of the problem is that I use a 64 bit pc.
Do you know any solution for this?

Moreover why the conversion from ctf to itab is not yet supported?

Best regards
Sara

>> Error in ==> align_ctf2spm at 121
>>  switch spm('ver')
>>
>> Error in ==> ft_convert_coordsys at 90
>>            obj = align_ctf2spm(obj, opt);
>>
>> Finally I tried to use the function align_itab2spm in the following way
>> mri = align_itab2spm(mri, 2)
>> but I get the error message
>>
>> ??? Undefined function or method 'spm' for input arguments of type 'char'.
>>
>> Error in ==> align_itab2spm at 108
>>  switch spm('ver')
>>

> See above.
>
> Best,
> Jan-Mathijs
>

>> Do you have any idea or suggestion to solve this problem?
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any advice,
>> Sara
>>
>> -------------------------
>> Dott.ssa Sara Rombetto
>> Istituto di Cibernetica
>> "E. Caianiello"
>> Via Campi Flegrei, 34
>> 80078 Pozzuoli (NA)
>> Italy
>> mob +39 3401689815
>> tel +39 0818675361
>> fax +39 0818675128
>> --------------------------
>> "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your
>> right to say
>> it." [Evelyn Beatrice Hall, The Friends Of Voltaire]

> Jan-Mathijs Schoffelen, MD PhD
>
> Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour,
> Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging,
> Radboud University Nijmegen, The Netherlands
>
> Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics,
> Nijmegen, The Netherlands
>
> J.Schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
> Telephone: +31-24-3614793
>
> http://www.hettaligebrein.nl