[FieldTrip] Problem with ICA using data exported via Brainvision analyser

Hwee Ling Lee hweeling.lee at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 11:58:08 CET 2014

Hi Max,

Thanks for your suggestion. However, I checked the data, there was no data
from the reference channel, so I doubt this is the problem for the rank
issue.

Cheers,
Hweeling

On 29 January 2014 15:31, Max Cantor <mcantor at umich.edu> wrote:

> Hi Hwee,
>
> It may be your reference channel. Try removing your reference channel from
> ICA and it should resolve the rank issue.
>
> Max Cantor
> Research Assistant
> Computational Neurolinguistics Lab
> University of Michigan
>

> On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 8:57 AM, Hwee Ling Lee <hweeling.lee at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> Whenever I export my EEG data using Brainvision analyser, I get problems
>> with running ICA on Fieldtrip. The data has a different rank, although I
>> specify to compute ICA using all channels.
>>
>> However, when I use the raw EEG data collected from Brainvision recorder,
>> I do not get this problem.
>>
>> Does anyone know why and how to resolve this issue?
>>
>> My purpose of using Brainvision analyser is to downsample the EEG raw
>> data before further analyses.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Hweeling

Dr. rer. nat. Lee, Hwee Ling
Postdoc
German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE) Bonn

Email 1: hwee-ling.lee<at>dzne.de
Email 2: hweeling.lee<at>gmail.com

https://sites.google.com/site/hweelinglee/home

Correspondence Address:
Ernst-Robert-Curtius Strasse 12, 53117, Bonn, Germany