[FieldTrip] freqanalysis

Victoria Schröder victorias at dsv.su.se
Thu Jan 30 11:33:08 CET 2014

Hello

I am currently working on a freqanalysis as a first step to do a
connectivityanalysis. I am a bit unsure about the method to use for the
freqanalysis. My stimuli are very long: between 29 and 30 sec. In total
i have 4 stimuli per condition and 2 seperate conditions. I am looking
at the beta range so fairly low frequencies.

this is my code:
Am i using the right taper and method. Should i smooth the data? and if
so, what should such a smoothing parameter depend on?

%fourier analysis
cfg=[];
cfg.output='fourier';
cfg.method='mtmfft';
cfg.foi=[12:30];
cfg.taper='hanning';
cfg.keeptrials='yes';
cfg.channel={'C15' 'C10' 'B23' 'B3'};
frefourier=ft_freqanalysis(cfg,data_clean);

%coherence analysis
cfg=[];
cfg.method='coh';
cfg.channelcmb={'B3'  'C15'
                 'B3'  'C10'
                 'B23' 'C15'
                 'B23' 'C10'}
coherence=ft_connectivityanalysis(cfg, frefourier);

Thank you very much for the suggestions!
Best
Victoria