[FieldTrip] ft_sourcestatistics and sourcegrandaverage time series

Kaelasha Tyler ktyler at swin.edu.au
Tue Jan 14 07:19:37 CET 2014

Hi all,

Reading through the discussion list, I see others have also had some issues with creating grand averaged source space time series (ERFs) and subsequent statistical analysis,  but I can't see any solutions....

Questions:
How can I create time series (ERFs) for grand averaged source space data?
And, how can I do cluster analysis on these (yet to be created) grand averaged source  space ERFs?

I have used ft_SOURCEANALYSIS with method 'lcmv' for individual participants to generate source space time series, in data.avg.mom.

Subsequently I used ft_sourcegrandaverage to combine source space data across subjects.

However my grand averaged source data.avg only contains 'pow' and no 'mom'. Eg, no time series for the grand averaged source space data.

As such, I can not do cluster analysis on grand averaged ERFs in source space.

It appears that ft_sourcestatistics only works with parameters that have not more than one value per grid point (e.g. pow, nai etc) and is unable to work with ERF time series? Is this true?

Can any one help with this?

Much obliged.
Kaelasha