[FieldTrip] PhD position Ghent University, Belgium

Herring, J.D. (Jim) j.herring at fcdonders.ru.nl
Wed Jan 8 15:20:57 CET 2014

PhD position at the Dept of Experimental Psychology, Ghent University,
Belgium

We are seeking a highly motivated PhD student for a 4-year position at the
Dept. of Experimental Psychology under the supervision of Ruth Krebs and
Nico Boehler. One central focus of our labs is the investigation of the
interaction between reward processing and cognitive control (see
<http://users.ugent.be/~rkrebs/index_files/publications.html>
http://users.ugent.be/~rkrebs/index_files/publications.html for related
publications).

Our department hosts several research groups in the realm of cognitive
psychology and cognitive neuroscience, creating a dynamic research
environment including regular internal talk series as well as presentations
by invited speakers. We have access to state-of-the-art equipment including
a research-dedicated 3-tesla MR scanner (Siemens), a 64/128-channel EEG
system (Biosemi), as well as an MR-compatible EEG system and TMS.

Candidates are expected to have a Master's degree in psychology, (cognitive)
neuroscience, or a closely related discipline on the starting date. He or
she will mostly carry out behavioral and fMRI experiments, but extensions to
EEG (including MR-compatible EEG) are possible. Experience with neuroimaging
methods as well as programming skills would be highly appreciated.

The starting date is flexible, but preferably in spring 2014. Salary is
according to standard Belgian regulations (scholarship: ± €22.000,‐
net/year). Although the governing language at Ghent University is Dutch,
knowledge of Dutch is not a pre-requisite.

Interested candidates should send a CV, motivation letter, and contact
information (email) of potential referees to  <mailto:ruth.krebs at ugent.be>
ruth.krebs at ugent.be before February 1st 2014.

Ruth Krebs

Dept. of Experimental Psychology, Ghent University

Henri Dunantlaan 2

9000 Ghent
Belgium