[FieldTrip] MEG/EEG toolkit course in Nijmegen - registration is open

Robert Oostenveld r.oostenveld at donders.ru.nl
Mon Feb 17 08:59:00 CET 2014

Dear FieldTrip mailing list

On May 6-9, 2014 we will host the "Toolkit of Cognitive Neuroscience: advanced data analysis and source modelling of EEG and MEG data" at the Donders Institute in Nijmegen.

This 4-day toolkit course will teach you advanced MEG and EEG data analysis skills. Preprocessing, frequency analysis, source reconstruction and various statistical methods will be covered. The toolkit will consist of a number of lectures, followed by hands-on sessions in which you will be tutored through the complete analysis of an MEG data set using the FieldTrip toolbox. There will be plenty of time to ask questions and discuss analysis methods pertaining to your reseach questions. In the last hands-on session you will get started with the analysis on the data that you will bring yourself

The registration for this toolkit course is now open and can be found on http://www.ru.nl/donders/course-information/courses/toolkit-cognitive-4/

The fee for senior participants is € 400. The (PhD) student fee is € 200. Registration fee includes coffee/tea, Dutch sandwich lunches and one dinner.

Please note that in the past years the course was oversubscribed and we expect that as well for this year. We will be able to host approximately 40 participants and consequently we are likely to be required to make a selection that is based on the information that you provide on the registration form. Note that neither being a very novice or a very expert in EEG/MEG disqualifies you from participating; we select the participants on basis of their motivation, research background and skills, and whether we expect the course to pay off for the participant (i.e. whether there is a match between course content and the expectations and requirements for fruitfull use of the analysis methods that we'll cover). Furthermore, we try to make a nice group of participants with a homogenous level and with sufficient broad coverage of research interests. The deadline for the initial registration is March 14, 2014.

You can have a look at our Facebook page on http://www.facebook.com/fieldtriptoolbox to get an impression from the previous "MEG/EEG toolkit courses".

Best regards,

Robert Oostenveld and Jan-Mathijs Schoffelen

Robert Oostenveld, PhD
Senior Researcher & MEG Physicist
Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging
Radboud University Nijmegen