[FieldTrip] Cluster analysis on correlation statistics

Maris, E.G.G. (Eric) e.maris at donders.ru.nl
Mon Dec 8 15:56:02 CET 2014

Hi Chris,

Just to clarify my last email: I'm referring to correlation between either single trial data within subject, or averaged ERPs across subjects, with a behavioral variable. Not linear regression across conditions as is already implemented in the ft_statfun_depsamplesregrT function.

For correlating/regressing single trial data of a single subject, you use the ft_statfun_indepsamplesregrT (with the units-of-observations being the trials, which each correspond to one column of your design matrix).

For correlating/regressing subject-averaged data of a group of subjects, you also use the ft_statfun_indepsamplesregrT (with the units-of-observations being the subjects, which each correspond to one column of your design matrix).  Note, in this case your behavioral data (accuracy or RT) or also subject averages.

Best,

Eric Maris