[FieldTrip] ft_channelrepair shows no effect at all

KatrinH Heimann katrinheimann at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 00:09:07 CEST 2014

Dear Eelke,

ok, so i installed an older version of matlab (which also solved some other
problems with fieldtrip) and now it works. However I am running into
another problem with it. Maybe you can help too:
If I try to run the ICA after the bad channel replacement it takes hours
and wchange just does not get lower. In my naive thinking I thought that
might be due to the fact that the replaced channels are recognized as
interpolations of the others??? But what could I do otherwise?: I thought
about doing the bcr later, but that means that my ica suffers from all the
electrode jumps from my bad channels. or I just exclude them from the ica -
but how to proceed then: apply the reject component function on the data
without the channels and then replace them? sorry, I am just a bit lost.
The weirdest thing is: if I replace the channels with the help of another
software before even processing the data, the ica works perfectly later in
fieldtrip. WHY????
Would be wonderful if you could give me another hand... Thanks so much in
advance!!!
Katrin