[FieldTrip] ft_channelrepair shows no effect at all

Eelke Spaak eelke.spaak at donders.ru.nl
Mon Aug 18 10:18:46 CEST 2014

Dear Katrin,

When I look at the data you've shown me, in fact I do see an effect of
ft_channelrepair. I run your code:

load ('ERP_Francesca17obs90_clean.mat')

%% Preparing neighbours for channel repair

cfg_neighb = [];
cfg_neighb.feedback = 'yes';
cfg_neighb.method = 'triangulation';
cfg_neighb.layout = 'GSN-HydroCel-129.sfp';
neighbours = ft_prepare_neighbours(cfg_neighb, obs90_data_clean2);

% Interpolate and put into new data structure
cfg = [];
cfg.badchannel = {'E49', 'E68'};
cfg.layout = 'GSN-HydroCel-129.sfp';
cfg.method = 'nearest';
cfg.neighbours = neighbours;
obs90_data_channelrepaired = ft_channelrepair(cfg,obs90_data_clean2);

followed by:

dat1=obs90_data_clean2;
dat2=obs90_data_channelrepaired;

x=dat1.trial{1}(68,:); % 68 is channel index of E68
y=dat2.trial{1}(68,:);
plot(x);hold on;plot(y,'r');

x=dat1.trial{1}(49,:);
y=dat2.trial{1}(49,:);
figure;
plot(x);hold on;plot(y,'r')

and the two figures that come up are shown in the attachments. The
original (blue) and channel-repaired (red) traces are clearly
different. These plots are for trial 1, but the same result holds when
I plot a different trial.

Does it work on your end too now?

Best,
Eelke