[FieldTrip] spatial and temporal ICA after beamformer

Tyler Grummett tyler.grummett at flinders.edu.au
Fri Apr 4 16:19:11 CEST 2014

Hello All,

So once I have calculated the preprocessing data, timelock data, headmodel, lead field and source.

I have the following code to create virtual EEG channels of data (similar to the tutorial):

            % find sensor names and indices
            chans = ft_channelselection( 'EEG', data.label);
            chans = match_str( data.label, chans);

            % compute virtual channels
            virtual_chans = [];
            virtual_chans.label = data.label;
            virtual_chans.time = data.time;
            virtual_chans.trial = source.avg.filter{ 1} * timelock.trial{ 1}(chans,:);

However as I have 642 source.avg.filter, which filter do I chose? Or do I calculate EEG channels for each voxel I landed with (I only had one trial).

Btw, the source was calculated with the following code:

            cfg              = [];
            cfg.method       = 'lcmv';
            cfg.grid.inside  = grid.inside;
            cfg.grid.outside = [];
            cfg.vol          = vol;
            cfg.keepfilter = 'yes';
            source = ft_sourceanalysis( cfg, timelock);

Thankyou for all the help you have provided me thus far.

tyler

Tyler Grummett ( BBSc, BSc(Hons I))
PhD Candidate
Brain Signals Laboratory