[FieldTrip] acq2ftx - converter thread messages

Dr. Zimmermann R.Zimmermann at UKE.Uni-Hamburg.de
Mon Sep 9 10:31:41 CEST 2013

Am 09.09.2013 09:12, schrieb "Jörn M. Horschig":
> Dear Roger,

Hi Jören,

> indeed we had this error also the Donders from time to time. We tried to
> figure out where the error comes from, but then were not quite able to
> find the source. However, we were using an older version of acq2ftx back
> then, and with the new version there was no such problem. but also the
> experiment I was running was much shorter than before.

what is older, what is new? Does the acq2ftx has a --version like
option? Were in the sources is the version number? Or shall I test via
the checksum from the binary?
> Anyway, for us it helped to restart the computer (to reset the shared
> memory segment) before each experiment and then hope for the best. It
> would be great if you guys could have a closer look at when this error
> shows up and what settings you are using. So, e.g., how long does it
> take until the error shows up? What channels are you streaming and at
> what sampling frequency? Under what circumstances does the error not
> occur? Maybe also check the time when it occurs, we had some trouble
> here once with a cronjob running around noon :)

Would You also be interested in system parameters (as load, runnning
processes etc.?)

> I am sorry if this all does not really help you much, but I was quite
> satisfied that it did work out for our experiments in the end, so I did

Indeed that sounds simliar to some windows problems ;-)
> not spend much more time in investigating those earlier cases were we
> did have this error as well. If you could provide some more information
> though, we can maybe finally find the source of this error.

I'll try, shall I send everthing over this mailing list?

> Best,
> Jörn

Regards, Roger