[FieldTrip] Cluster-level permutation test statistics

Eric Maris e.maris at psych.ru.nl
Fri Oct 4 06:53:30 CEST 2013

Hi Valerie,

A dependent samples t-test (also called paired-samples t-tests) involves
pairs of observations. If you have 20 trials in one subject, 10 in
condition A and 10 in condition B, what would be your pairs (i.e., in
which natural way would you construct pairs)?

It may good to also read one of our papers before starting with the
tutorial. The concept of a UO is not specific to permutation-based
statistics, and given that your problem seems to be with this concept, you
could try Maris_Psychophysiology_2012, which starts out with classical
statistical tests. For cluster-based permutation statistics itself,
Maris&Oostenveld_JNM_2007 is the better choice.

Best,

Eric Maris