[FieldTrip] definetrial with ANT .cnt files

"Jörn M. Horschig" jm.horschig at donders.ru.nl
Wed Oct 9 08:56:36 CEST 2013

Hi Michael,

it might help if you set cfg.trialdef.eventtype = '?' and check what
triggervalues and -types FieldTrip actually detects. Maybe the triggers
are not saved as numeric values but as characters, thus maybe you need
to set eventvalue = '1' instead of =1? FieldTrip can be sensitive to
those kind of things. For example, our BVA-files record triggers are
stored as 'S   1', and you need to add the two white spaces between the
'S' and the '1' when defining cfg.trialdef.eventvalue, otherwise desired
and actual triggervalues do not match.

Best,
Jörn

On 10/8/2013 5:50 PM, Epstein, Michael wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm having a problem defining triggers using ft_definetrial  with ANT
> .cnt files. Say I want to do a simple epoching around events with a
> trigger code of 1 - when I put in cfg.trialdef.eventvalue = 1; I get
> an error saying no trials are defined. However I figured out that if I
> put in cfg.trialdef.eventvalue =[1char(0) char(0)]; then it works
> fine. The trigger files look totally normal, and other programs don't
> seem to have this issue. Anyone else ever have a problem like this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Michael
>
> IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail is meant only for the use of the
> intended recipient. It may contain confidential information which is
> legally privileged or otherwise protected by law. If you received this
> e-mail in error or from someone who is not authorized to send it to
> you, you are strictly prohibited from reviewing, using, disseminating,
> distributing or copying the e-mail. PLEASE NOTIFY US IMMEDIATELY OF
> THE ERROR BY RETURN E-MAIL AND DELETE THIS MESSAGE FROM YOUR SYSTEM.
> Thank you for your cooperation.

Jörn M. Horschig
PhD Student
Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging