[FieldTrip] ICA in TMS-EEG

Cristiano Micheli michelic72 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 14:59:16 CET 2013

Dear J.D., Max and Bingshuo,

A brief comment: to be more confident about the correlative nature of an
artifact being an artifact (a.k.a. unwanted interference) I always consider
three things: topographies, time courses and spectra. The last one too,
since it might inform about spectral components not evident at the bare eye
from the time courses.
I'm not familiar with artifacts in TMS, but in all cases experience helps,
especially if you see the same pattern in many subjects, in other published
studies, from colleagues' data or from independent evidence (e.g.
concomitant electromiography recorded from the facial muscles, for muscular
artifacts identification).

HTH
Cristiano