[FieldTrip] failed segmentation

Cristiano Micheli michelic72 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 16 20:18:13 CET 2013

Hi Vitoria,
it looks like there is an artifact on the top of the head. It happened to
me already and I had to preprocess the mri volume by using an appropriate
cutoff and by thresholding (after plotting the histogram of the grey
levels).

mri.anatomy = (mri.anatomy>thr).*mri.anatomy;

or

mri.anatomy(:,:,230:256) = 0;

If thresholding is still not effective you might consider applying
morphological operators (erode, dilate, open, close), after taking care
that you voxel dimensions are cubic (diagonal values of the canonic form of
mri.transform(1:3,1:3) are all the same). I use ft_volumereslice for that.

I hope this helps,
Cristiano