[FieldTrip] question on SPIKE structure

Robert Oostenveld r.oostenveld at donders.ru.nl
Mon Nov 4 22:24:09 CET 2013

Dear Sara,

Please have a look at ft_datatype_spike in the utilities directory (or do "help  ft_datatype_spike"). It explains the various fields in the spike data structure.

We have such ft_datatype_xxx functions for all FieldTrip data structures. Their help serves to define the data structure (also for the developers), and the code in the functions serves to do some sanity checks and to update older data structures (e.g. stored in a mat file on disk) to the standards of the fieldtrip version that has to process them.

best regards,
Robert