[FieldTrip] finding gradiometer

Nathan Weisz nathanweisz at mac.com
Thu Mar 21 08:22:26 CET 2013

Hi Ricardo,

try cfg.elec rather than cfg.grad.

also ft_freqanalysis does not "recover" electrode positions, at least that would be a feature of wavelets new to me :-)

you need to give fieldtrip the electrode positions: with MEG data they are usually automatically read when doing ft_preprocessing. otherwise you need to read the info (e.g. from a polhemus file) using ft_read_sens. if you don not have digitized positions, i guess that for most standard caps there are standard electrode positions in fieldtrip.

good luck,