[FieldTrip] finding gradiometer

Ricardo Moura ricardoojm at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 01:42:34 CET 2013

Dear all,
I am trying to run a source localization analysis of eeg oscillatory
activity. My data was recorded by a BrainAmp, and I exported using the
brainvision analyzer.

Since I am very new to fieldtrip, I have a (probably very basic) doubt, and
would be really glad if someone could help me.

First, when creating the leadfield, it asks for the gradiometer (cfg.grad),
but I didnt figure out where I can find it. I checked the "localizing
oscillatory sources using beamformer techniques" tutorial, and it seems
that it can be recovered as an output of the "ft_freqanalysis" (since there
is a "cfg.grad = freqPost.grad" definition), but I didnt manage to have it,
even running the same parameters as in the tutorial.

Here is how I am doing the oscillatory analysis.
cfg = [];
cfg.method = 'wavelet';
cfg.width = 2;
cfg.output = 'pow';