[FieldTrip] Antw: Re: MNE surface data: normalising and averaging?

"Jörn M. Horschig" jm.horschig at donders.ru.nl
Tue Mar 5 10:33:37 CET 2013

Hi again,

as a second link I meant to paste this one:
http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/tutorial/beamformingextended
The procedure, however, is in more detail explained in the first link I
pasted, in this tutorial an example of how to use that is illustrated.
Hope it works out!

Best,
Jörn

On 3/5/2013 9:03 AM, Gregor Volberg wrote:

> [...]
>

> --
> Dr. rer. nat. Gregor Volberg
> <gregor.volberg at psychologie.uni-regensburg.de> (
> mailto:gregor.volberg at psychologie.uni-regensburg.de )
> University of Regensburg
> Institute for Experimental Psychology
> 93040 Regensburg, Germany
> Tel: +49 941 943 3862
> Fax: +49 941 943 3233
> http://www.psychologie.uni-regensburg.de/Greenlee/team/volberg/volberg.html
> <http://www.psychologie.uni-regensburg.de/Greenlee/team/volberg/volberg.html%0D>

> Hi Gregor,
>
> would there be any reason why the following approach might not work?
> http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/example/create_single-subject_grids_in_individual_head_space_that_are_all_aligned_in_mni_space?s[]=warp
>
> The specific steps are in more detail explained in this (new) tutorial:
> http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/development/beamformingextended
>
> Best,
> Jörn
>
> On 3/4/2013 6:45 PM, Gregor Volberg wrote:
>
>> Dear Fieldtrippers,
>>
>> I need to ask for a helpful hint on MNE source reconstructions.
>> Following this tutorial
>> http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/tutorial/minimumnormestimate I obtained
>> nice individual cortical meshes and source points; the MNE forward
>> and inverse solution for the individuals all work well. I would now
>> like to normalize the individual grids to a template brain in order
>> to do statistics and averaging for plotting. I figured out that I
>> could use ft_sourceinterpolate to tranform the grid into a volumetric
>> representation, and then use ft_volumenormalise to normalise to a
>> standard brain.  But this did not work too well for source structures
>> containing time series (like 'mne'-stcutures) where the computational
>> load gets very high. I also tried to use a grid of one subject as a
>> template for the other subject's grids with ft_sourceinterpolate and
>> cfg.interpmethod = 'smudge', but this seems to require two grids with
>> the same number of source points as input(?).
>>
>> Is there a way to do a normalisation directly on brain triangulations
>> / source grids ? Thanks for any help!
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Gregor
>>
>> --
>> Dr. rer. nat. Gregor Volberg
>> <gregor.volberg at psychologie.uni-regensburg.de
>> <mailto:gregor.volberg at psychologie.uni-regensburg.de>> (
>> mailto:gregor.volberg at psychologie.uni-regensburg.de )
>> University of Regensburg
>> Institute for Experimental Psychology
>> 93040 Regensburg, Germany
>> Tel: +49 941 943 3862
>> Fax: +49 941 943 3233
>> http://www.psychologie.uni-regensburg.de/Greenlee/team/volberg/volberg.html

>> fieldtrip at donders.ru.nl

> --
>

> Jörn M. Horschig
>

> PhD Student
>

> Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour

Jörn M. Horschig
PhD Student

E-Mail: jm.horschig at donders.ru.nl
Tel:    +31-(0)24-36-68493