[FieldTrip] Extracting the time of a cluster

"Jörn M. Horschig" jm.horschig at donders.ru.nl
Thu Jun 6 10:17:50 CEST 2013

Hi Mads,

there is a stats.posclusterlabelmat and stats.negclusterlabelmat field,
which contain the indices of all your clusters. You can use these
indices and to index the period where your test shows some significant
effect(e.g. for timelock.avg or timelock.time). See here for an example,
which does not quite do what you want, but gets close
http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/tutorial/cluster_permutation_timelock#plotting_the_results

And, yes, cirange defines the range of the confidence interval for that
particular cluster, so pvalue - cirange gives the lower bound and pvalue
+ cirange the upper bound. If your upper bound extends beyond the
critical alpha-value, I would advise to use more randomizations.

Best,
Jörn

On 6/6/2013 9:16 AM, Mads Jensen wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have made a statistics analysis on ERP data using
> ft_timelockstatistics and got a significant cluster I would like to
> know the time course of this cluster(i.e. when it starts and ends
> being significant) , is that possible?
>
> I take to the cirange that is computed in the output for the cluster
> from ft_timelockstatistics be the upper and lower limit of the
> confidence interval, so the cluster.prop +/- the cirange gives the
> 95%confidence intervals. Is that correct?
>
> best wishes,
> Mads

Jörn M. Horschig
PhD Student