[FieldTrip] problem with ft_multiplotER

"Jörn M. Horschig" jm.horschig at donders.ru.nl
Wed Jul 17 13:44:15 CEST 2013

Dear Sara,

What you describe sounds like a bug to me. It looks like that in these
lines the averages of the two conditions should be concatenated into one
matrix, and apparently something goes wrong. However, you truncated the
error message a bit (you pasted the line where the error occurs, but not
the error message itself). If one of us developers should look into this
further, it would be great if you register and create a bugreport on
bugzilla.fconders.nl. Preferably would be to upload a snippet of your
data, e.g. timelockstructures of one participant, and some lines of code
which reproduce the error. We can then look into this further and fix
this as soon as possible :)

Best,
Jörn

On 7/17/2013 12:30 PM, Sara Bögels wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a very specific problem with the ft_multiplotER function. For 2
> of my 24 participants, the function gives an error-message when I try
> to plot the averages of two conditions at the same time. Plotting them
> one by one is not a problem. There appears to be a specific point in
> time (different for the two participants) when this goes wrong. If I
> avoid that time (by using cfg.xlim) it works fine. My trials have
> different lengths and I used "cfg.vartrllength = 2;" when calling
> ft_timelockanalysis (not sure whether this is relevant).
>
> The error message I get is
> "Error in ft_multiplotER (line 616)
>     yval(i,:) = datamatrix{i}(m,:);"
>
> I cannot find out what happens in this line. Can anyone tell me what
> this might be referring to?
>
> Thank you,
> Sara

Jörn M. Horschig