[FieldTrip] ft_megrealign how to avoid?

Nenad Polomac polomacnenad at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 15:43:35 CEST 2013

Dear Arjen,

Thank you very much for you answer! I forgot to mention that I applied
ft_megrealign on averaged single subject data since we are interested in
evoked auditory early gamma response. I am familiar with the online and
offline methods for removing variance which comes from head movement. These
are very useful tolls. I've tested ft_regresconfound  before and it worked
fine. However, it will not be very helpful in this case. Because if I apply
 ft_regresconfound as you suggested than I will loose gradiometers
information and than ft_megrealign will not work. Furthermore my evoked
gamma grand average topographies (TFR of planar and axial gradiometers)
look now as expected without any transformation(ft_regresconfound or
ft_megrealign). So what I need is some objective evidence that condition
difference is due to experiment rather than different head positions. :)

Thank you and all the best!

Nenad