[FieldTrip] Electrode location structure

Narayan P Subramaniyam narayan.ps at tut.fi
Mon Jan 14 21:43:26 CET 2013

On 14/01/2013 22:14, Emma Holmes wrote:

> Dear FieldTrip users,
>
> I would like to define the positions of the EEG electrodes myself.
>
> I have a structure containing the x,y,z co-ordinates and channel names
> for 66 channels. However, I am having trouble converting this to a
> FieldTrip structure.
>
> I'm trying to use the ft_prepare_layout() function.
>
> Can anyone tell me what format the input structure should be in? i.e.
> what fields it should contain.
>
> Here, I'm referring to the part of the documentation 'cfg.elec:
> structure with electrode positions', but can't seem to find any
> explanation of what the layout of this structure should be.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Emma

Hello

First create a structure called elec with two fields in int
elec.pnt -> N x 3 matrix -> electrode positions
elec.label - > 1 x N cell -> electrode label

Then you can write the following script

cfg = []
cfg.elec = elec;
lay = ft_prepare_layout(cfg, data);

where data is as provided by ft_preprocessing etc

Hope this works.

--
With Best Regards,
Narayan P Subramaniyam, M.Sc.