[FieldTrip] Electrode location structure

Emma Holmes eh776 at york.ac.uk
Mon Jan 14 21:14:23 CET 2013

Dear FieldTrip users,

I would like to define the positions of the EEG electrodes myself.

I have a structure containing the x,y,z co-ordinates and channel names for
66 channels. However, I am having trouble converting this to a FieldTrip
structure.

I’m trying to use the ft_prepare_layout() function.

Can anyone tell me what format the input structure should be in? i.e. what
fields it should contain.

Here, I’m referring to the part of the documentation ‘cfg.elec:  structure
with electrode positions’, but can’t seem to find any explanation of what
the layout of this structure should be.

Many thanks,

Emma