[FieldTrip] openmeeg matlab path

Octavian Lie octavian.lie at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 19:04:36 CET 2013

Dear All,

I installed openmeeg on my ubuntu 12.04 64 bit via github, tested it and
works well from the terminal; I usually initiate the job from the terminal
with:

cd openmeeg/data/< subject>
#!/usr/bin/env bash

However matlab cannot see path, I get this matlab error when calling via
fieldtrip

Error using ft_hastoolbox (line 445)
the OPENMEEG toolbox is not installed, see
http://gforge.inria.fr/projects/openmeeg and
http://gforge.inria.fr/frs/?group_id=435

Error in ft_headmodel_openmeeg (line 35)
ft_hastoolbox('openmeeg', 1);

How can I make matlab see path? I have read that one has to add these

export PATH=$PATH:/opt/openmeeg/bin
export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/openmeeg/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Where have these to be added, in the startup.m, terminal, or linux script?

Thank you,

Octavian