[FieldTrip] Imaginary part of coherence, 'indepsamplesZcoh'

Eric Maris e.maris at psych.ru.nl
Tue Apr 9 12:18:40 CEST 2013

Hi Ramin and Jörn,

In multiple-subject study, it is straightforward to statistically test
differences in imaginary coherence using Fieldtrip. This is analogous to
the statistical testing of regular coherence, which I outlined in a reply
to Ana.

For a single-subject study, you would have to write your own statfun. This
requires some skill, but it is conceptually straightforward. Importantly,
for any test statistic that you would like to use for comparing imaginary
coherence, you do not(!) have to know it’s parametric reference
distribution (thanks to the beauty of permutation inference (-;)

Best,

Eric Maris