[FieldTrip] Problems plotting TFR with different frequency sacle

Haiteng Jiang haiteng.jiang at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 15:39:15 CEST 2012

Dear  Fieldtripers ,
    I  try to plot  the TFR with Fieldtrip , but I find the frequency shift
in the  plotting when I use different frequency scale. Please see the
attached two examples (4-30Hz versus 4-100Hz).  The TFR within 4-30Hz is
centered in alpha band while it is switched to beta band with the 4-100Hz.
scale . Regarding to the TFR,   I calculate it by using an adaptive sliding
time window of four cycles length (Δt = 4/f) and a Hanning taper for lower
frequencies (4–30 Hz), and a sliding time window of fixed length (200ms)
and three orthogonal Slepian tapers resulting in ±10 Hz smoothing (29) for
higher frequencies (30–100 Hz).
   Any suggestion ?
                                                             All the best,
                                                              Haiteng
--
Haiteng Jiang
PhD candidate

Visiting address
Room 2.32
Donders Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging
Kapittelweg 29
6525 EN  Nijmegen
the Netherlands

 Tel.: +31 (0)243668291