[FieldTrip] FT_SCALPCURRENTDENSITY options and elec units

Johanna Zumer johanna.zumer at donders.ru.nl
Wed Sep 5 12:41:38 CEST 2012

Hi Akiko,

Hopefully someone else can answer your main SCD question (although
ft_scalpcurrentdensity provides the citations for the original papers on
which these 2 methods are based).

But for now, just a quick answer to your units question.  The best way to
convert the units of a FieldTrip data structure is with ft_convert_units,
for example:  elec_out = ft_convert_units(elec_in, 'm').     If elec.unit
does not already exist in the structure, then either you can set it first
if you know the units, or FT will do its best to assume which units the
structure is in.

Also note that the 'help' of ft_scalpcurrentdensity states that "the
spatial distribution still will be correct" even if units do not match,
which should explain why the topoplot shows the same results.

Cheers,
Johanna